LA Sanitation and Environment (LASAN) continues to provide critical services and support the City’s ongoing efforts during COVID-19. Below are some of the efforts being done by LASAN in order to promote public health and protect the environment:
- LASAN has partnered with the YMCA to provide showers, bathrooms and locker rooms for unhoused individuals at nine YMCA facilities in the City.
- LASAN, through our dedicated collection team, will temporarily offer complimentary refills on trash (black bins) and recyclables (blue bin). In keeping with safe social distancing guidelines and avoiding surface contact, our drivers must stay in their vehicles, and customers must maintain a 6-foot distance from the driver as well as a safe distance from the truck’s mechanical arm. If you have extra bags of trash or recycling that don't fit in your bins, please meet the truck outside when it gets to your home. After your bin is emptied, you may refill it while the driver is there and the bins will be emptied again into the truck.
- LASAN and the Bureau of Engineering have assisted in the transport and provision of sanitary services, including the disinfecting and pumping out of septic tanks of 283 trailers from Hansen Dam to various sites. Overall 535 trailers were donated by the State of California to house patients.
- Performing emergency infrastructure repair as needed.
- Continuing to deploy six mobile hygiene units throughout the City.
- Continuing to keep storm drains clear to prevent flooding.
- Providing compost and mulch for residents.
- Continuing to pick up illegal dumping.
- Operating the 24/7 LASAN Customer Care Center at 1(800) 773-2489.